Austin Court, Birmingham
80 Cambridge Street
+44 (0)844 273 3065
Venue website: http://austincourt.theiet.org/
Austin Court is located on the canal side within the Brindleyplace development in the centre of Birmingham. The beautifully restored listed building was once a metal and nail merchant's premises, and retains many original features.
How to find the venue
National Rail Travel – Birmingham New Street Station
Walking from New Street Station
London trains travel from London Euston
N.B Do not leave the train at Birmingham International station.
Allow 15-20 minutes to walk this route:
- Leave the platform at the North end (Wolverhampton or Bristol) and take the stairs to the "Way out to Victoria Square".
- When outside, cross the road (Navigation St) and continue directly ahead up Pinfold Street.
- At the top of the hill the Council House with its clock tower ("Big Brum") can be seen. As you enter Victoria Square, on your left is the Town Hall (modelled on a Grecian Temple). Follow the signposts for Paradise Forum, Convention Centre and National Indoor Arena.
- Continue straight - the Central Library is ahead on the opposite side of Chamberlain Square. Follow the ramp around the edge of the arena and just to the left of the main entrance to the Central Library.
- Behind Priestley's statue, a signpost to Convention Centre and National Indoor Arena points to the entrance to Paradise Forum. Walk through the Mall and exit over the footbridge into Centenary Square, passing the Hall of Memory on your left.
- Continue towards the ICC and Birmingham Repertory Theatre, turn right in front of the International Convention Centre to meet Cambridge St.
- Turn left, follow the road until you reach IET Birmingham: Austin Court on your left.
The easiest option is to type in the postcode ‘B1 2NP’ into a route finder or satnav, which will direct you straight to IET Birmingham: Austin Court.
There is (very) limited parking outside the venue. If the venue car park is full, the nearest parking is very close at the National Indoor Arena (post code B1 2AA). There is also limited street parking (meters) in side streets opposite the arena.
The closest NCP car park is 0.6 miles away, at Newhall Street, B3 1SW.
From the airport
Birmingham International Airport
A covered walkway leads frin the airport terminal to the rail station. There is a very frequent service to Birmingham New Street Station with a journey time of just over 10 minutes.
IET Birmingham: Austin Court is adjacent to Tindal Bridge, at the top of Farmers Bridge Locks where the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal joins the Wolverhampton Main Line.